Full Name : Nick Lachey
Date of birth : 9 November 1973
Place of birth : Harlan, Kentucky, USA
Birth name : Nicholas Scott Lachey
Nickname : Slider
Height : 5' 9"
Nicholas Scott Nick Lachey was a member, alongside his brother Drew Lachey, of the boy band 98 Degrees. He later married pop singer Jessica Simpson, and together they star in the MTV reality show Newlyweds.
According to the official 98 Degrees bio page, he was on his summer break from Miami University where he studied Sports Medicine and was a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity when he was invited to join the group already in Los Angeles. Many of the group members are his former classmates from Cincinnati's School of Creative and Performing Arts.
All four albums released by 98 Degrees went platinum. In the fall of 2002 Lachey went solo and in November 2003 he released his first album, SoulO, which is generally considered to have been a flop, despite the success of Newlyweds and the fact that a song from the album, This I Swear, is the show's theme song.
- Brother of Drew Lachey.
- February 2002 - engaged to Jessica Simpson.
- February 2002: 98 Degrees announced on their official website that
the band would be taking a break. They will not be releasing
anything new or accepting and new fan club members.
- Brother-in law of Ashlee Simpson.
- He attended high school with Carmen Electra.
- His idol is movie star and action hero Bruce Willis
- Along with brother Drew, he has a step sister, Josie, a half
brother, Issac, and two adopted siblings, Zac and Kaitlin.
- Attended the School for Creative and Performing Arts, in
Cincinnati, Ohio, and then pursued acting at the University of
Southern California in Los Angeles, California. After a year at USC,
he wanted to be closer to his family and transferred to Miami
University, in Oxford, Ohio, where he studied sports medicine.
- He was on summer break from studying sports medicine at Miami
University in Ohio, when he got an invitation from a high school
friend to join 98 Degrees in Los Angeles.
- He and Jessica are planning to record a duets album in 2004.
- Is of German descent
- Likes the movie Scarface
- The inside of his wedding ring is inscribed: Cherish The Moment
- Is a huge Cincinnati sports fan.
- Wants to name his 1st son Collin and daughter Samantha.
- Recorded a cover of "A Whole New World" with his wife Jessica
Simpson for the "Aladdin Special Edition" DVD and is also featured
on Jessica's Christmas Album with the track "Baby It's Cold
- Brother of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity at Miami University
- His favorite 98 Degrees song is "Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)
- His favorite actress is Michelle Pfeiffer.